How to perform a packet capture with Wireshark
- Troubleshoot ( VMS does not display video )
- Video issue
- Download and install Wireshark.
- Launch Wireshark.
- Click Capture > Options (Ctrl + K).
- Click the Options tab> Set Stop capture automatically after... = 3 minutes (Set this longer if you need more time to reproduce your issue.)
Note: This is recommended if you're connected over a WAN connection.
- Click the Input tab and select the network adapter that communicates with your IP camera.
- In the Capture filter for selected interfaces type the below replacing with the IP address of your camera:
- Click Start. The capture will run for 3 minutes then automatically stop. You have this amount of time to reproduce your issue.
- Save the capture and send it to your support engineer if requested.