- Milestone XProtect Essential 2016 R3
- Open management application
- Click on the Plus next to "Advanced Configuration" for sub menu
- Right-click on "Hardware Devices" and select "Add New Hardware Device"
- The "Add Hardware" menu will appear on the right side.
- Select "Manually specify the hardware to add"
- Enter the following information: IP address, user/password, and select "ONVIF Conformant Device" for the driver.
Note: ONVIF Conformant Device (2-16 Channels) for 4290 series.
- Press "Next" and you see Status "Connecting".
- Once the status shows Connected press "Next"
- Wait until the Configuring your system is completed.
- Press "Ok" once prompted "Your devices are ready to use"
- Press "Save" located on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on the "Plus" next to "Advanced Configuration" for sub menu
- Click on the "Plus" next to "Camera and Storage Information" for sub menu
- Click on the camera you added to confirm the live video.
- Live Preview should be seen on the right side of the screen.