- Milestone XProtect Essential 2017 R2
- Open management application
- Click on the Plus next to "Advanced Configuration" for sub menu
- Right-click on "Hardware Devices" and select "Add New Hardware Device"
- The "Add Hardware" menu will appear on the right side.
- Select "Manually specify the hardware to add"
- Enter the following information: IP address, user/password, and select "ONVIF Conformant Device" for the driver.
Note: ONVIF Conformant Device (2-16 Channels) for 4290 series.
- Click on "Next"
- Click on Next again once the Status shows connected.
- Wait for the "Your devices are to use.
- Click on "Hardware Devices 1 "and rename.
- Click the newly added camera on the left side again
- Confirm "ONVIF Conformant Device is shown" Network device Type License menu.
- Confirm the following has been set in the PTZ Device menu, then click "Ok"
- Click on Camera 1
- Confirm live video is displayed.
- Click on the "Recording Properties" menu from the sub-menu and change Recording settings to "Always"
- Click on the "PTZ Preset Position" menu from the sub-menu and click on the "Import/Refresh" button if presets have been created in the Rise camera.
- Select one of the presets and Click on "Test". Then Click on "Ok" to Exit the Camera Properties menu.
- Click on "Save" on the Yellow Banner located on the top part of the screen that says "You have made changes to the configuration. Save the changes to apply them to the system"
- Click on "Camera 1"
- Click on the "Camera Setting" to view Video Properties Menu.
Note: Rise3 choose Codec: H264 Main Profile
- Confirm the setting are correct and click "OK".
Note: If video loss is seen click on the article link: RISE (All): Milestone Integration Video Loss Issue
- If any setting changes were made, Click "Save" on the yellow banner located on the top part of the screen.