The following steps will guide you through the Back Focus Procedure for the 8800HD:
- Log in to the camera using the browser (Viewer doesn’t have back focus adjustment)
- Recall the Tower preset (Zoom in fully on any target farther than 1km)
- Make sure the extender is OUT
- Open the iris fully (Note, there is a bug with the presets and iris, so after a preset is recalled, the iris may end up in manual and not opened up as far as it needs to).
- Select Auto Focus and verify the image is in sharp focus.
- Zoom out fully.
- Open the Back Focus Tab and adjust Near and Far until the image is in sharp focus.
- Zoom in fully and verify the image is still in focus.
- Repeat steps 5 thru 8 until the image is in sharpest focus when fully zoomed in and fully zoomed out.
- On the Back Focus Tab, select DAY, NIGHT, and ILLUMINATED NIGHT (This sets the back focus position for all 3 of these conditions. Or you could recheck back focus at night when the camera is in the B&W mode, and save the NIGHT position separately). The illuminated Night option is not available yet.
Zoomed IN – Adjust Lens Focus
Zoomed OUT – Adjust Back Focus
If there are still any image issues resulting after the back focus, you must Open the Setup Tab and then go to the Properties Tab, and Select "Default" to restore the default settings.