End-user needs to know about the Rise 2 Heater and enable button functionality and wants an explanation of how the button works.
- The Enable button has nothing to do with the current state. Other than if the heater is Disabled, then the state should always be off. For example: my buttons show Enable but the heater shouldn't be running with the camera indoors at 70F.
- The heater state - whether it is running or not - shouldn't have anything to do with the Enable button. Except for that, the heater wouldn't come on with it disabled.
- Disable - turns off the heater algorithm so the heater will never run. Enable - turns on the heater algorithm. At this point, the algorithm decides when to start and stop the heater (turning on and turning off). The algorithm runs differently on different models e.g. PoE++ cameras vs. PoE+.
- If needed a technical support engineer can log in to the backup server of the camera and test the heater operation. (applicable to Rise 1 only)
- The Rise1 backup web server has a test heater control on/off. It turns off the algorithm and forces the heater to start pumping out heat, given that the component is operational. When you turn the heater control off in the backup server, the normal heater algorithm starts again for normal operation.