The end user is not able to view a multicast stream.
- Verify the camera is at the latest firmware version posted on CostarHD.
- Directly connect to the camera with a POE++ injector and laptop. You may need to temporarily turn off Windows Firewall or 3rd party firewalls installed.
- Log into the camera webpage then go to Media > Stream Settings and confirm a multicast address and multicast port have been assigned for Encoder 1.
- Go to Media > Profile Settings and confirm Multicast is enabled for Encoder 1.
- Launch VLC then go to Media > Open Network Stream.
- Type in the following syntax "rtsp://CameraIP/multicast/stream0" then click Play.
- Example rtsp://172.18.0.82/multicast/stream0
- If you go to Tools > Codec you will see something similar to the one below.
- If you run Wireshark you should see the multicast output similar to the screenshot above.
- Source 172.18.0.82 is the camera IP address.
- Destination 220.127.116.11 is the multicast address assigned in Step 2.
- The info column shows the multicast port 2901 assigned in Step 2.
- If you see the output listed above, move the camera to the customer network. Repeat the steps above and confirm you still seeing the multicast traffic.