- Internet Explorer (IE) 8 or Higher. Microsoft ActiveX
The Helios Web Interface works with Internet Explorer (IE) 8 or higher Microsoft ActiveX® is required to view and control video in the Helios Web Interface.
IMPORTANT: In order to make changes in network settings and install ActiveX® controls on the local machine the user must be logged in as an Administrator. Please contact your local IT department if you do not have Admin privileges.
Upon delivery, the first time you access the camera system for starting a video stream take the following steps.
- Log in as a local administrator on your computer.
- Start Microsoft Internet Explorer, version 8 or higher
NOTE: You may need to set the security level in IE and add the camera system as a trusted site in
order to run a video.
- Enter the camera IP address in the browser address box. (The default address is http://192.168.2.150)
- The camera will attempt to install an ActiveX control on your PC. Allow the camera to install ActiveX
Control by clicking on the prompt “This website wants to install the following add-on: CohuRTPControl. cab from CohuHD.” Click “Install this Add-on” from the submenu.
- Click Install in the Security Warning window box.
- The Home page will be displayed.
- Press the Start Live Video button ( ) to start the video stream.
- If there is still an issue with the ActiveX controls, we may need to use the Helios Viewer as an alternative: Helios Viewer Software